Re: [homenet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12.txt> (Special Use Domain 'home.arpa.') to Proposed Standard

El 16 ag 2017, a les 13:10, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> va escriure:
In Section 4:

 "So for example a query for the NS record for 'home.arpa.'  MUST
  NOT result in that query being forwarded to an upstream cache nor
  to the authoritative DNS server for '.arpa.'."

As the sentence provides an example, the usage of the RFC 2119 keyword is incorrect.  The "MUST result in whatever queries are necessary" seems like specifying by example.

I believe the text is correct.   A query for the NS record is required not to be forwarded by recursive resolvers.   There is actually a mistake in the previous paragraph, though—"caching resolvers" should be recursive resolvers.

Anyway, can you explain why you think the text is wrong?   Did it not make clear that queries were not to be forwarded, or is there something I'm missing where it contradicts itself?