Re: In Search of a Revised Notewell

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/08/2017 05:01, Mehmet Ersue wrote:
> Without knowing the URL one can always download the current version of Note Well slide from:
>
> WG Chair’s Page / Meeting Tools /  Note Well (PPT <https://www.ietf.org/wg/documents/note-well.ppt> )

But https://www.ietf.org/wg/documents/note-well.odp is 404.

Harumph ...

If the Note Well referred to BCP78 and BCP79, we wouldn't have had this confusion.

Not one second before Brian's e-mail appeared in my inbox, I sent a private reply to someone else that said

"I GUESS I get that it's worth specifying exactly what people had available to note well (so, specific RFCs), but the benefit of knowing what the Note Well actually said in any meeting seems outweighed by the cost of someone agreeing to an outdated version of the BCP, because that's what the chairs put on the slides."

Harumph.

Spencer