Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

On Jul 28, 2017, at 6:33 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
If we want to have a real dogfood test, the first step is documentation, not forced breakage for a significant portion of the attendees.

I don't actually know of any devices that would require manual configuration.   Maybe Linux with NetworkMangler?   If it were indeed the belief of the authors of the draft that any such configuration were required, I'm sure they would have mentioned it.   For any user for whom such configuration is required, I would argue that that user is experiencing brokenness, and should switch to the legacy network and report the problem, rather than attempting manual intervention.

The status quo as far as I am aware is that all modern operating systems support v6-only out of the box.   That's why this experiment makes sense now.   Even two years ago, that would not have been the case.   Hopefully nobody comes to IETF running unpatched, ancient software...