Re: Visiting Singapore/Customs Clearance

Yeah, I just came across that page.   Valium is also on that list - we might have a lot of wide awake, anxious people at this meeting ;)     That page also mentions that Pseudoephedrine has limitations - lots of people take that for allergies, but I guess that amount is similar to US restrictions for buying at the pharmacy.

And, this would be important for folks traveling CPAPs:
http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/Health_Products_Regulation/Consumer_Information/Personal_Import_Regulations/bringing_medical_devices_for_personal_use_into_Singapore.html

In particular, it notes that you need an email approving the device:
"Please obtain the necessary approvals for the import of medical devices for personal use, before commencing travel. You are not required to declare your medical devices on your arrival in Singapore. However, as Customs Officers may perform routine checks, please have all the supporting documents and the approved acknowledgement email for the import of medical devices for personal use, ready with you for inspection when requested.:"

And, this looks like the list of what they consider medical devices:
https://eservice.hsa.gov.sg/medics/md/mdEnquiry.do?action="">

It includes things like blood sugar monitoring devices.

Although, looking at various discussions, it does seem like it's not that big of a deal and that you just need to have paperwork if asked.

Regards,
Mary