Re: Visiting Singapore/Customs Clearance

Yo Brian!

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:52:11 +1200
Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=98 says:
> Good to see they have deployed https, but does that restriction cover
> items for personal use? I have this strange habit of bringing a book
> to read on a long flight.

I've cleared customs in Singapore dozens of times.  They are pretty laid
back about the normal things travelers carry.  I fear USA customs much
more.

But they are NOT laid back about drugs.  Do not carry any but the most
benign of OTC drugs, unless they are in a proper prescription bottle.

30 grams of morphine will get you a death sentence.  Usually just
90 days after you are caught.

I'd also leave the weapons at home.

RGDS
GARY