De: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> en nombre de Tim Chown <tjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Responder a: <tjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fecha: miércoles, 26 de julio de 2017, 11:24
Para: Arkko Jari <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: IETF Discussion <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Asunto: Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

    Hi,

    > On 26 Jul 2017, at 07:51, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    > FWIW, I also agree with Andrew.
    >
    > But I had an added comment about the front or other entrances.
    > If I look at the current IETF website, I don’t think it would be too
    > hard for the “front door” to be an entrance for everybody. Most
    > of us don’t need an explanation of what the IETF is or the like,
    > but even on the current website, there aren’t too many things
    > that I normally click. I click on the “next meeting”, “next meeting’s
    > agenda” a *lot*. I don’t remember if the datatracker is hiding
    > somewhere on the current website, but I certainly go to the
    > datatracker a lot. I also go to the WG list quite often, to
    > look up something that I don’t remember from an unfamiliar
    > area etc. I click on the blog now and then. But that’s about
    > it.

    Mentally I have already retreated from beta.ietf.org as a useful page for a participant. But I can accept that; the current page is unwelcoming or an “outsider”, and we could use a better public “face”.

    Well, if it’s “one click away”, participants will just bookmark or go directly to that page, and not www.ietf.org. I know I will.  Just like I sometimes also go directly to the datatracker.

    > For added bonus, maybe the most recent last
    > call / most recent blog article / most recent call for
    > hotel reservations opening or the like were to be also
    > displayed, the front door would give me an added
    > benefit of possibly stumbling on information that I
    > needed.

    Put all that on a one screen, participant oriented “index” page that we can go directly to.  Leave www.ietf.org to be the public shop window.

    Tim

IPv4 is over