Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

FWIW, I also agree with Andrew.

But I had an added comment about the front or other entrances.
If I look at the current IETF website, I don’t think it would be too
hard for the “front door” to be an entrance for everybody. Most
of us don’t need an explanation of what the IETF is or the like,
but even on the current website, there aren’t too many things
that I normally click. I click on the “next meeting”, “next meeting’s
agenda” a *lot*. I don’t remember if the datatracker is hiding
somewhere on the current website, but I certainly go to the
datatracker a lot. I also go to the WG list quite often, to
look up something that I don’t remember from an unfamiliar
area etc. I click on the blog now and then. But that’s about
it.

If those things were one click from the new web site…
and the rest would be neatly organised, that would certainly
do it for me. I don’t see how adding those to the otherwise
more “information about the IETF” website would be hard.

For added bonus, maybe the most recent last
call / most recent blog article / most recent call for
hotel reservations opening or the like were to be also
displayed, the front door would give me an added
benefit of possibly stumbling on information that I
needed.

Jari