Re: Slides, eye charts, and a beg for readability

John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    > can mitigate size issues to a certain extent).  Contrast and
    > glare are, as Nary more or less pointed out, are room
    > environmental factors over which presentation designers usually

for instance, Karlin I/II was silly.
The Karlin II side couldn't be seen by the chairs due to pillars.
Still, it would have been small to have just Karlin I.

    > p.s. I've been thinking about a room setup in which 300-500
    > people could all sit AT the front.  It is actually an

My suggestion is to remove 1/3 of the chairs and put more space between the
rows.   We could also just have a few stacks of chairs available.
We *RARELY* fill every chair in the room, usually many chairs go unused
because of difficulty in stepping over people.   When we *DO* fill every
chair (for an unexpectedly popular BOF), we also overflow out of the room and
onto the floor.

That way, more people could sit closer.
Many times, I've wanted to just remove the back 5 rows of chairs to
force people to sit closer...

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-