Re: More and more virtual interims

Michael,

At least my read of the suggestion is a bit of an expansion of what we do with WG Adoption and
WG Last Call - where the mailing list "focuses" on a particular draft or topic for a week or two.
MPLS has had some success with this tactic in the past.  It is the alternative that I encouraged
and suggested to the RTG WG Chairs - but got many fewer takers on it.  I'd love to see more
WGs experiment with this because it does resolve the time-zone & day-job meeting conflicts issues.

Regards,
Alia

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrew Sullivan <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Maybe what we need is not more virtual interims, but more time boxes.
    > This would do nothing for controversy that needs rapid interaction,
    > but it might meet the test of "faster progress".

Can you explain "time boxes" here?

    > One way to do that would be to set document sprint dates in advance,
    > and for chairs to reserve discussion of this or that other topic at
    > ome time.  Have any WGs tried this recently?

This sounds a bit like a design team meeting to me.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-