Re: wireless geolocation

At 4:50 PM -0400 6/6/17, Ted Lemon wrote:

Because it makes it very difficult to use various services if they think we are 7000 miles away from where we are. Latency can be bad, and using maps can be impossible.

I personally find the effects more an amusing artifact that an actual hindrance, but that's just me. However, when I'm traveling and not part of an IETF, I find that using a hotel provided IP address without a full VPN causes its own set of difficulties with web sites assuming the language and character set of the country I'm in. In some cases I'm unable to use a Capcha since it's in a script I can't read, and I'm unable to select a language or country on the web site for the same reason.

--
Randall Gellens
Politics is the art of making the inevitable appear to be a