Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> (IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture) to Internet Standard

> "something useful" makes it subjective.

some of us try to operate networks.  useful is what customers pay us to
do.

> SLAAC, NPT66, ILNP are the biggest one that I can think of.

slaac is real, used, and is useful in some environments that customers
want.

> Trivial to make SLAAC work with variable length prefixes of course.

64 for slaac is fine.

for the rest, we went to cidr over a decade back, when folk scammed mo
out of 8+8.

randy