Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

Hi,

On 2017-1-31, at 16:48, Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I remind people that just a few years ago, all the meetings were being
> held in the US.

sorry, but that is just incorrect. Check https://ietf.org/meeting/past.html

IETF18 was in Canada, 27 in The Netherlands, 30 in Toronto, 33 in Stockholm, 39 in Munich -- and that was 20 years ago. We've been rotating ever since.

> US is the home ship for IETF.

This was probably true before the mid-90s. It certainly hasn't been since.

> Yes, I sympatize with those having
> issues in entering and hope that somehow those restrictions will go
> away.

Thank you, we all do. The question is what we do in the meantime.

> Actually I propose meeting more often in the US, that will be good for
> everybody.

Er, come again? How is going more often to a place that makes it harder for people to participate physically "good for everybody?"

Lars