Re: If Muslims are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

On 1/27/17 10:43 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> I note that there is a WG, MTGVENUE, that is working on criteria for
> meeting venues.  It seems to me that discussing the overall question
> of specific exclusions at a venue for individuals on the basis of some
> set of class properties (whether it be nationality, religion, choices
> in emotional relationships, or whatever) would be appropriate in that
> WG.  Moreover, since the WG hasn't finished its work perhaps the WG
> list would be better to explore the issue than the IETF list.

Indeed, and the question of whether what's currently in the draft
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process/?include_text=1)
on that question is sufficient is currently under discussion.  Note
that the goal is to provide guidance from the IETF to the IAOC on
questions like this.

Melinda