Re: IETF Endowment update

On 7/14/2016 9:12 AM, Livingood, Jason wrote:
On 7/13/16, 3:50 PM, "ietf on behalf of Paul Wouters" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Honestly, I don't remember. There was some presentation I listed to at
    one of the IETF's and it appealed to me and I wanted to donate. I thought
    it would do something new and different. I did not expect to be paying
    "some extra IETF fees".
It was always about the IETF. If you have concerns, I suggest you have a 1:1 exchange with Kathy or someone else from ISOC. Here was the original pitch from 2012:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg10552.html

Right. I think I was told at the time or shortly after that the original endowment statement included more than just the IETF at the urging of one of the original contributors/trustees. So it was always "IETF +" not "Something else + IETF as an afterthought".

I can see though why folks are confused about the changes though.

Mike