Re: IETF Endowment update

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, John C Klensin wrote:

I signed up for, and contributed to, the Open Internet Endowment
based on commitments that its mission would be very broad, not
be turned into an IETF support fund.  I don't believe donors
were even superficially consulted about the change.  What would
happen if I (and maybe others who feel the same way) were to ask
for refunds on the basis that we never agreed to repurposing of
the funds?

I am in the same position. I feel a bit weird about it. I would not
have donated if it was just for IETF - I'm already mostly self-funded
on that. So I was a bit disappointed when this initiative turned out to
be an IETF fund.

Paul