Re: Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

On 05/26/2016 07:48 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

>      We need a clear and complete statement of the social and legal
> realities that are to be used to disqualify a venue.  We need that
> statement to have IETF rough consensus.
>
> Absent that agreed list, we are conducting random walk through an
> ambiguous decision-tree.  Certainly its absence leaves the IAOC with
> inadequate guidance for avoiding future errors as is being assessed
> about Singapore.
>
> This does not make light of the social/legal issues getting focus here.
> Rather it is an attempt to move the consideration to something that can
> be used as a clear decision-making policy.

+1

We should have a complete set of criteria and preferably these should be
added to draft-baker-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-02 so we have
a full decision making matrix.

We can also add different levels of importance to different criteria
(MUST / SHOULD / MAY).

Best,

Niels

--
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9