Re: Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

> On May 26, 2016, at 8:26 AM, Harish Pillay <harish.pillay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I would add that I have asked the Singapore Ministry of Health and
> some of the public
> hospitals to provide me guidelines that handle what is mentioned above including
> situations where there are two adults (one male and one female) and they have a
> young child and if there is a problem, do they ask for verification as
> to guardianship
> and/or parentage and/or marital status.

Two data points:

The Singapore Code of Medical Ethics is very clear that doctors are not permitted to refuse treatment to anyone - see http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/content/hprof/smc/en/topnav/guidelines/ethical_code_and_ethical_guidelines.html

Consent issues are governed by the laws of Singapore. For children, "The legal right to give consent for children lies with persons of legal parental responsibility" - see https://www.sma.org.sg/UploadedImg/files/Publications%20-%20SMA%20News/4508/CMEP.pdf