Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

Cullen,

On 5/26/16 7:33 AM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> Of course I am in favour of openness and would like many nations but I
> don’t think it is realistic to enable all nations. I deliberately did
> not add that to the list because I think the topic of duration to get
> visa for various countries is not the topic we are dealing with here.

Quite right for we would surely eliminate all of North America as a
venue selection, the seemingly only viable alternative.  However,
because at the end of the day some people of certain nationalities will
be excluded, I'm quite certain they would feel discriminated against,
should the venue be moved.  These issues are, therefore, linked.  And so
now it is a matter of who gets included and who gets excluded.  I like
something Ted wrote earlier, that a static approach to this can lead to
systemic exclusion.  I think it's safe to say that's happening.

Eliot