RE: ietf.org end-to-end principle

> The takeaway for me is that the end-to-end principle is dead. The times
> where all intelligence should be in end hosts only, no middleboxes, and KISS
> have gone, and techniques going in the opposite direction are not only in
> use, but even embraced by IETF operations.

+1

But the fact that these solutions exist points to a need unmet by existing e2e approaches. Someone in IETF operations had presumably thought out their requirements when this service was procured. Embedding e2e within a solution that satisfies those same operational requirements sounds like a potential IETF WG charter in the making.

Josh.