Re: ietf.org unaccessible for Tor users

On Mar 15, 2016, at 17:55, Michel Py <michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is true to the extent that I counted myself several times and the last time I counted (this year) out of the known 1827 Tor exit nodes, 896 were marked as having "malicious" activities; it goes over the half mark on a regular basis. This data is not public (yet) but it will be soon, it's not based on Cloudflare data. I'm not the only one who has observed it either; there are reasons why both attack mitigation solution providers and end-networks filter and/or block Tor.

So, what percentage of the volume/outflow from those same proxies was "non-malicious"?

Surely you're making the mistake of categorizing the neighborhood, when you should be categorizing the people?

By comparison: what percentage of the world's SMTP is spam? What percentage of the world's HTTP is filesharing?

If you're not looking at the whole picture, you are making a "one bad apple" mistake - amplified, because Tor rotates their occasional bad apples around exit nodes just like everyone else.

    -a