Re: Remote Hubs

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Stephen, it would be wonderful if you can ask the trust.
>>
>> Information on logo usage and how to request use of the IETF logo can be
>> found here:
>>
>> https://trustee.ietf.org/ietf-logo-acronym.html
>
> I suggest reading especially the section "What usage is OK without a license?"
> That was specifically intended to allow day-to-day use for descriptive purposes.
> IANAL, but I did draft that text ~10 years ago, and I think it would cover
> announcements of hubs.

so far the remote Hubs were informal

If we can consider them part of the IETF organization or its work we can use it:

"
4. What usage is OK without a license?

The IETF logo may be used, without modification, to accompany
descriptive text to refer specifically to the IETF organization itself
or its work.
"

In that case, we can remove the section from the draft

Christian