Re: locations, was Hotel situation

>On the topic of tourist destinations, let me just add that Orlando was
>a special case (co-location with IEEE, *they* not we chose the venue),
>and in some sense so was Hawaii (resulted from much discussion in the
>IESG).

Hawaii is certainly touristy but it is easy to get to from east Asia
and the South Pacific, should we want to split the pain between North
America and Asia.  Also, pragmatically, the conference facilities were
good and there were a bazillion other hotels and restaurants nearby.
I'd go back to the food trucks on (somewhat misnamed) Beach Walk any
time.

R's,
John

PS: Orlando, on the other hand, ...