Re: Hotel situation

Some of the largest conventions in the world are held in Las Vegas.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-02/ces-the-world-s-largest-trade-show-is-too-big-for-vegas.html

Back when I worked for Interop we certainly didn't seem to lose
attendees after moving the show to Vegas, of course I do agree
that it is a special form of hell on earth, but if the requirement
is one roof, cheap hotel rates, and "getting work done," Vegas fits
the bill.

On the topic of tourist destinations, let me just add that Orlando was
a special case (co-location with IEEE, *they* not we chose the venue),
and in some sense so was Hawaii (resulted from much discussion in the
IESG).

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher