Re: Hilton BA is Booked already?

Thanks, Ray

Interesting insight with room nights. vs. rooms.

If i understand this correctly, then at peak there where likely only
250 - 95 = 155 rooms available at <= $209. That explains to me a lot more
how quickly the rooms went than what i had to assume from the IETF
page, 300 rooms at $209 for peak night.

I am sorry if you find my characterization of "dishonest"/"rigged" for
the prior IETF disclosure inappropriate, but thats how i perceive this.
How would you call it when someone offers tickets to a lottery claiming
some probability to win, and after being pressed he has to admit the
chances are just 50% of that ?

Btw: I think it makes perfect sense to reserve ok. priced rooms for the heavily
involved folks at the IETF as you listed. For the volunteer part of that
population i don't care whether it's necessary or perk, it's highly deserved,
and for the ones drawing a paycheck from the activity, its easily understood
how they may need to be on-call at randomn times (i've had to get folks late
in the evening for next-day preps in the past).

Cheers
    Toerless