Re: For Review: IESG Statement on Guidance on Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings

> I agree. I think this is a matter of balancing efficiency with
> inclusiveness. That balance will vary by working group, and hopefully
> the chairs can do the right thing for their group.

There certainly are some topics and some groups that require real-time
interaction in order to resolve one or another point.

But arguably the increasing reliance on real-time interaction is
primarily because it is easier (for those choosing that mode.)

It takes some learning and some on-going discipline to do serious group
collaboration through email.  It takes far less learning and usually
less discipline to work through a teleconference or a f2f meeting.

A real commitment to real inclusiveness is not free.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking