Re: For Review: IESG Statement on Guidance on Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings

Hi

On 12/10/15 5:56 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
> Mostly quite quite a nice Statement. Comments:
>>  Interim face-to-face meetings can consume a lot of community resources, including travel costs and time of participants.
> After this, add something like:
>
>     This makes participation in an interim meeting far less inclusive
> than is possible through a mailing list.
>

> Virtual interim:
>
>    I suggest setting the bar at two meetings before needing careful
> justification, rather than four.  In other words, as soon as it really
> does move into being a series, it needs justification.

Largely agree.  I note that we have an extended period between November
and April, and could easily see more than two calls in some WGs going
on.  In fact I would hope they would if they are needed.  Not sure how
to tweak that tho.

>    One week notification is not enough.  Given the vagaries of people's
> schedules, notice needs to be longer.  Two seems a minimum.

Emphatically agree.

Eliot