Re: For Review: IESG Statement on Guidance on Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings

On 12/10/2015 8:40 AM, IESG Secretary wrote:
> The IESG is considering publication of the IESG Statement on Guidance on
> Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings. Please review and comment.

> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> ietf@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2015-12-24. Exceptionally,  comments may be
> sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead.  In either case, please retain the beginning of
> the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> The IESG
>
> Link to statement text:
> https://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/VirtualMeetingIESGStatement

Mostly quite quite a nice Statement.

Comments:

>  Interim face-to-face meetings can consume a lot of community resources, including travel costs and time of participants.

After this, add something like:

    This makes participation in an interim meeting far less inclusive
than is possible through a mailing list.

Virtual interim:

   I suggest setting the bar at two meetings before needing careful
justification, rather than four.  In other words, as soon as it really
does move into being a series, it needs justification.

   One week notification is not enough.  Given the vagaries of people's
schedules, notice needs to be longer.  Two seems a minimum.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking