Re: I-D Action: draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-01.txt

while I’m at it -

RFC 2418 was developed in a general area working group (poisson)

it would seem to me that a document that proscribes how the fundamental work unit of the IETF is
to function is of sufficient importance to be developed in the same way - i.e. if the IETF feels that
an update to the existing document is need it should charter a working group with such a revision
as its goal

this is purely a process point - it is unrelated to the quality of the ID - it is my opinion that the creation or revision
of the basic IETF process documents needs to be done with significant deliberation

Scott