Email bar bof in Yokohama?

I am curious to know whether the various participants in this conversation are planning to be in Yokohama, and whether, if so, they might be interested in an f2f discussion on this topic.   I know that there are some peoples' noses a bit out of joint, and it's clear to me that the way I phrased one of my earlier messages had something to do with that, but I think there is a fruitful discussion to be had, and my experience with many of the folks participating in this conversation is that we do better face to face.

On the topic of putting peoples' noses out of joint, I would just like to say that I do in fact think that SMTP and the rest have been a smashing success, and when I spoke about the authors not anticipating the internet of 2015 in all its glorious horror, my point was not to criticize them for failing to have done so, but simply to say that because the internet is what it is in 2015, some of what was designed in the good old days before the first green card spam didn't survive contact with the enemy, and I think we can do better.

In particular, I find the mass aggregation of email discomfiting for a variety of reasons, privacy being one, horrible usernames being another, and part of my motivation for being a gadfly about this is that I would really like to figure out if it's possible for people and companies that aren't Google or Yahoo to have any hope of participating in a global email transport system anymore.