Re: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

From: WGChairs <wgchairs-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jon Hudson <jon.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 10:27 PM
To: Daniel Burnett <danielcburnett@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "wgchairs@xxxxxxxx" <wgchairs@xxxxxxxx>, "ietf@xxxxxxxx" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>, Jared Mauch <jared@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Pat (Patricia) Thaler" <pthaler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "irsg@xxxxxxxx" <irsg@xxxxxxxx>, "recentattendees@xxxxxxxx" <recentattendees@xxxxxxxx>, IETF Agenda <agenda@xxxxxxxx>, IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

not being in the primary hotel has a very negative impact on my enjoyment and efficiency. The number of impromptu conversations you have is I think about 70-80% higher while at the primary hotel.

Essentially you make more friends staying at the primary hotel. Those friendships keep us coming back, help us break through the stalemates & posturing.  We get more done and have more fun doing it.

WG] I take your point, but if the room block is only 300, in a conference of ~1300, this is not the primary hotel in any manner other than possibly proximity, so perhaps inability to book here will be a blessing in disguise.

Wes George