Re: discussion style and respect

On Jun 11, 2015, at 6:09 AM, Tim Chown <tjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps we need more coin tosses.

I don't think we do.   I was not impressed by the outcome of the last coin toss I witnessed.   If you get to the point where a coin toss is the best way out of the situation, there's probably already a failure to foster consensus on the part of the chairs somewhere in the rear-view mirror, and of course a failure to be willing to participate in it on the part of the participants in the process.