Re: Proposed Statement on "HTTPS everywhere for the IETF"

On 6/2/2015 3:09 AM, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat.com) wrote:

Am 2. Juni 2015 08:54:43 MESZ, schrieb Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx>:
We will (and have) of course participate the broader discussion and
contribute technology that can help make the Internet more privacy
friendly. But that is more about the various solutions we produce,
such as improving efficiency of turning on crypto which HTTP/2 and
TLS 1.3 help, or fixing bad algorithms or issues in protocols. Lets
get to continuing that work!

full ack,
thanks
+1

+1.

Design note to HTTPS implementations:

Figure out how to update an HTTPS client under a forced (redirected) HTTPS condition/environment where the client is failing because of deprecated, obsolete and now even removed SSL/TLS support options. In other words, it can't update itself because of the new HTTPS forced conditions. Example, Google Chrome. It could not update because the HTTPS URL was failing due the browser seeing an erroneous "Invalid Certificate" display with no option to accept, temporary or otherwise. You have to download via another browser that isn't so strict, yet.

I guess that would go under a "chicken and egg" problem.

--
HLS