Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 03:08:04PM -0000, John Levine wrote:

> It already knows who the authors are -- if a new version of a draft
> has an added author, one of the previous authors has to confirm it.

I could swear there was a brief period of thrashing a couple-few years
ago (less than 6, I'm pretty sure, because I have a sense memory of
where I was when paying attention to it) when how to deal with
authors' addresses changing and so on was an issue in the datatracker.
I seem to recall liberalizing the policies precisely so that things
didn't have to go through additional manual confirmation or something
like that.  Maybe the people involved with the tools can comment.  And
maybe my memory is once again faulty -- boy, does it do that a lot
lately.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx