RE: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

> > I think the one who used your name or someone else's name in his/her
> draft without previous discussion, might use different email address of
> himself/herself too to authorized its sending. So I suggest to use
> other approach...
>
> Do you have another suggestion?

Hum... I don't know how practical this can be ...

I would suggest a mixing of your idea and something else... as followings...

I suggest to store names and email addresses of active ietfers in a database. I assume it is already exist. Then when a document is uploaded, the RFC tools check the name against any matching names or emails in that db. If there is a match, it sends email to all those emails available in that db and informing all authors by sending an email (as a notification) about a new document upload with his name and provide a link where it can cancel or remove this document from IETF server.

It allows the document to be tentatively uploaded and warn the author who uploaded the document that this document is only valid until xxx date on IETF server (and doesn't make problem for people like me who upload something in last minute) and needs to be approved by all authors by then. It then set a flag for this document that not all authors approved this upload.
Like the approach you suggested that all authors need to send a approval, this is also true but with this difference that it allows upload a document and make it tentatively available until all authors confirm the approval.

The system might send reminders 3 times and after not receiving approval from all authors, it remove the document automatically from IETF server.

But at least it gives more time to authors and also make the document visible until authors can coordinate.

Hosnieh