RE: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

Hi Fred,

> Second, I wonder if there is a way we can manage this. A simple
> approach would involve the posting tool. When we ask to post something,
> the authors are polled in email to ensure that the email address in the
> draft actually gets to them, and they have to reply either in email or
> on the web. What would it take to, when posting a -00 draft, require
> all of the co-authors to positively respond, and have the posting fail
> if they don’t, or if any responds negatively?

About your second option, I would say this might make problem. I give my case as an example. It happened to me several times that I needed to upload a draft in 90 minute of cutting date and my co-authors already did his/her contribution  on a system we used to share information and this person is no longer available. Then I can no longer reach him. In your suggestion, I can no longer upload a draft when my co-author is asleep or no longer reachable.

I think the one who used your name or someone else's name in his/her draft without previous discussion, might use different email address of himself/herself too to authorized its sending. So I suggest to use other approach...

> This would also clear out people whose addresses change; I understand
> an address changing in a later version of a draft (someone@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> becomes someone+else@xxxxxxxxxxxx) and being missed in a draft update,
> but I don’t understand an incorrect address on the -00 version.

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh