Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Mpvdapi

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
Another part of the problem is that often pre-WG lists are formed on
the basis of a solution rather than a set of requirements.

On the other hand, a solution implemented in running code helps the process. If our goal is interoperable specifications (e.g. standards) then it's good to use such solutions as a basis. There still is value in understanding the context (requirements, use-cases, etc) but IMHO we should remember that those are ancillary.

Cheers,
-Benson