Re: Nomcom feedback to appointees not up for renewal

On 26/03/2015 10:41 pm, "Dave Crocker" <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>Michael noted that the two-year cycle for appointees means that those
>/not/ up for renewal go at least 18 months without feedback.  He put
>forward the need for feedback to them sooner than that, but asserted
>that having Nomcom do it would not be appropriate.
>
>As a natural consequence of its interviewing process, Nomcoms always get
>quite a bit of information about /all/ appointees, not just the ones
>currently up for renewal.  No one else acquires this kind of information
>regularly and reliably.
>
>Of the 4 nomcoms I've been on, at least two acted on this feedback,
>having a directed conversation with at least one such appointee each time.
>
>So I suggest that providing explicit feedback to all appointees not up
>for renewal become a regular part of nomcom's deliverables.

As a newly appointed AD, and not up for renewal soon, I would most
definitely appreciate feedback on how things are going. Be that directly
or otherwise. And as a huge fan of well implemented 306' reviews, for me
'sooner rather than later' is appreciated.

More than happy to be a guinea pig, regardless if it becomes and nomcom
process or not.

Cheers
Terry