Call for volunteers: IETF Website Revamp Project Review Committee

After input and review by the IETF community on the scope of work [0], the IAOC put out a request for proposals to revamp the public-facing IETF website. After carefully considering several proposals, the IAOC selected Torchbox (http://www.torchbox.com) to undertake the project.  I have been designated by the IAOC as the project manager.

The goal of this project is to provide a “front door” for the IETF on the Web. Intended audiences include active IETF participants, new or potential participants, and those looking to learn more about the IETF. Input from each of those audiences will inform proposed changes, and the changes will be tested with representatives from the interested communities before they are implemented. Other goals for the revamp include improving ease of navigation and accessibility, including via mobile devices.

Personally, I believe this project will help the IETF get its work done more efficiently, encourage participation by individuals who can contribute to our work, and inform those who rely on the protocols we develop.

An important part of the project will be engaging the IETF community as the redesign effort progresses. Key milestones and deliverables during the redesign process (e.g. site architecture, technology, wireframes, page  design, content updates) will be reviewed by a committee chosen from IETF community volunteers.

If you are interested in participating in the review committee, please contact me at mailto:joe-ietf@xxxxxxxxxxx by 27 March 2015.

[0] http://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF-Website-SOW-20140604-Final.pdf

--
Joe Hildebrand