Re: Unhelpful draft names

As Yoav mentioned, the authors are new attendees, and the work is targeted to an IRTF group at that. I have an acquaintance with them and hope they aren't reading this, but how do folks think this outcry about seems as a welcome to do work here?

On Mar 9, 2015 10:37 PM, "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/03/2015 10:08, Jari Arkko wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Are you suggesting that we should try to prevent the IETF
> participants from being clever with the naming of their
> drafts and protocols? Good luck with that :-)

I wouldn't want to do that, for sure.

> I think the current status is actually pretty reasonable -
> although if Jordi doesn’t know about the convention
> then we should perhaps advertise it more widely.

Yes. And the draft submission page would be a good place to
have a pointer to the advertisement.

> However, I’m not sure stricter *rules* about
> the file names will buy us that much. And
> we already enforce the use of draft-ietf-* only
> for adopted documents, which I think is the useful
> case.

I wouldn't go further than having the tool throw up an
"Are you sure?" dialogue box if it sees a name with only
one component after "draft-".

    Brian