Re: (short version) Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-uri-10.txt> (The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) DNS Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Pete Resnick
<presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2/25/15 9:18 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> [...]
>
> After speaking with Patrik, I think you have convinced us: The correct thing
> to do at this point is to take out all of the information beyond a simple
> description of the RR, beef up the security considerations to describe the
> security issue, and make that document Informational.

I would much prefer a Standards-Track document that says to
authenticate the origin domainname as follows:

 - use DNSSEC for all DNS queries needed to find the URI RRs and DANE
to authenticate the authorities of the resulting URIs

or

 - expect the target authorities to have certificates that
authenticate the origin, using SNI if need be.

I would still drop everything related to NAPTR and DDDS.

Nico