Re: IETF Hackathon at IETF 92, March 21-22, Dallas, TX

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 06:47:32PM -0500, Thomas D. Nadeau wrote:
> 	For non-commercial use, github is free.  The IETF is considered a non-commercial organization.

I did not see anywhere in this thread the complaint that Cisco was
trying to charge people money for this hackathon.  AFAICT, it's just
as free from them.

I am perfectly prepared to say that this entire business could have
been handled in a way that didn't result in a huge thread on the IETF
list.  But complaining about one company's promotion of its products
by suggesting an alternative company that does something extremely
similar sounds to me like a complaint about the particular company,
and not about the technique.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx