Re: IETF Hackathon at IETF 92, March 21-22, Dallas, TX

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 2/25/15 6:58 AM, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) wrote:
>> True, and hopefully the work at the Hackathon will provide useful input
>> into BOFs, etc., that helps make more informed decisions about whether and
>> how to proceed with forming working groups. If you have another technology
>> you would like to propose and for which we can identify a champion to help
>> drive it, we can add it, as we are doing today for SFC.
>
> This whole process has been kind of odd and not at all
> transparent.  Not sure why working group chairs weren't
> approached for potential projects.  I just went through
> the list of projects and it appears that Cisco is overrepresented
> in the technologies being proposed.  This does not seem to be
> an "IETF" hackathon, but rather a Cisco hackathon held in
> at an IETF meeting.
>
> Melinda

I'm with you %100. As co-chair of 2 wgs and deeply involved in the yang modeling efforts going on here and externally - most of which is clearly related - I'm puzzled. Benoit, Juergen and I have also been running a yangathon - hackathon for yang models - for a year now at each meeting which seems like a good fit for an org wide hackathon. No one approached us for this either.

Tom