Re: [IAB] Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

Sam:

The document is on the IETF stream (it is going to BCP).

I have asked Marc in author role to provide a summary of where he believes we are and actions from his perspective. I think he is saying reasonable things, but it his summary. The responsible AD - me in this case - is watching this space and will eventually have to make a call to see if we are done.

Up-leveling a bit, the document is coming back to an active phase after being on hold since last summer. Now we are closer to being done than before, we have a matching document from RSSAC and a new version of the IETF draft, but we still need to be happy with that version in the IETF. Marc has posted the new version and a per-issue summary. It would be helpful to receive feedback on whether those are as they should be.

Jari