Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom

Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> For example and in the hope of being a bit less vague, I personally
    >> see no need for liaisons to sit in on candidate interviews, to see
    >> supposedly-confidential candidate questionnaires, to see community
    >> input about particular candidates, or to participate in Nomcom
    >> discussions or be exposed to correspondence about particular
    >> candidates or candidate choice rankings.  And I see some disadvantages
    >> to the quality and breadth of input the Nomcom is likely to receive to
    >> their doing so. Do you disagree?

    > Speaking only to the above, during the Nomcom I ran, I found it useful
    > to pair up the interviewers and used every resource available.  That

I did the same thing (as did Allison and Matt), and had the same problem
getting enough interviewer resources.  Had I not had the liasons, a number of
interviews might not have been possible.

I want to emphasize that I never planned to have the liason lead or take
notes from an interview; but during nomcom discussion there might have been
one or two times when the liason had a memory that helped clarify or put into
better context what was said.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-