Re: Local Cloud Node

Hi Jim,

On 15/10/14 13:49, Jim Gettys wrote:

> ​Since writable flash must be protected (and cheaply!), and
> software/firmware still updated in such devices
> one area may be to describe such mechanisms, along with the issues of key
> management
> best practices which are far from the minds of most vendors who have never
> given thought to long lived network systems.
> Without such guidance, we'll live in a sea of vulnerability.
>
> Looming larger is the observation that as an industry we don't think about
> building systems and software with long life times; that goes well beyond
> the IETF.

Yes, a bunch of this is not really directly IETF stuff, but as you
say there could be informational/bcp documents that'd be of value
or maybe we'd find that the tools we already have (CMS, jose etc.)
might not be quite right or could need some extensions/addons that'd
help, or even that some new protocol might be needed.

> As to I-D's, I have to locate appropriate co-authors before I can commit to
> anything.

Sure. I hope some folks get in touch with you on that.

S.