Re: Local Cloud Node

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Ray Bellis <Ray.Bellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7 Oct 2014, at 19:38, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Right now I have a house with three Internet thermostats and six smoke
> alarms, all of which have temperature sensors and occupancy sensors.
> It would seem like a no brainer to connect these up in an intelligent
> way so that lights get switched off when there is nobody in a room and
> using the temperature in the rooms that are occupied to set the
> furnace temperature rather than the ones that are not.
>

> With the key part being that all this should work exactly the same even when
> the household 'net connection is offline.

Precisely.

We had a storm come through and take out the electricity line and
almost took the primary Internet as well. Out here they supply
electricity from telephone poles! So when a tree brings down a line
there is live 240V supply.

It would of course be a bad thing if taking out the Internet shut the
house down.