Re: facilitators at ietf@xxxxxxxx

Randall,

> This seems reasonable.

Thanks.

> My only questions are why a formal role is
> needed and why only two people?  I would have thought any of the
> calmer heads could send private notes to people who get caught up in
> emotions during a mailing list discussion.  Perhaps it works better
> to have this done by a very small set of officially-designated people.

I think the two (plus me) is sufficient for the task without overly large effort on any of us. But two wasn’t a hard limit, it was a something to get started with.

I’m not sure how formally we should take this. And certainly all of us follow the discussions and put in a lot of effort to keep the discussions going to the right direction, and react when something isn’t right - thank you for that. This “calmer heads” model needs to continue :-) But at the same time, having designated persons who know they should monitor the discussions is helpful, and ensures that we do have some people looking at the entire traffic.

Jari