Re: IETF web site behind CloudFlare

On Sep 18, 2014, at 10:07 PM, Doug Barton <dougb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The actual risk I'm attempting to raise awareness about is the fact that there are people out there who DO want to control the Internet; who think that the very concept of something so important being run by volunteers, "multi-stakeholder models," etc. is not only stupid, but dangerous; and will use any example of failure by those who comprise that model (partly, us) as a reason why they are right, and we are wrong.

Haters gonna hate.   I don't think we (the IETF) can prevent this, although we can certainly make our positions clear and do our best to steer things in the right direction, as with the NTIA transition effort.   But if the worst thing that these folks can say about us is that our DNS setup on our CDN, like all other CDNS, is a bit weird, or that it requires Javascript captcha for suspect nodes, I don't think that's a problem: it's highly unlikely that their public-facing web presence is better than ours, although it may be prettier (or may not, depending on the SDO).