Re: Substantial nomcom procedure updates (Was: Re: Consolidating BCP 10 (Operation of the NomCom))

On 17/09/2014 09:46, Dave Crocker wrote:
> On 9/16/2014 2:31 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
>> And from experiences we all have been through, I would stronglye xpect
>> even more complex and difficult discussions if we open the document up
>> to substantive changes.
>

> Taken on its face, this appears to be an argument for never making any
> changes to any aspect of IETF infrastructure.

Which I'm pretty sure is not what Joel meant.

I'd rather see a rapid IETF Last Call on draft-kucherawy-rfc3777bis-01,
which is intentionally a no-op in terms of process changes. It could
easily be expedited as an RFC before the next IETF, if anybody cares
that much. Then we can have a managed discussion of the issues and
proposals that Mike has raised, which deserve debate.

   Brian