Re: gmail users read on... [bozo subtopic]

On 30/08/2014 03:00, Mary Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>> Gmail, like Yahoo and Hotmail and AOL, is sporadically useful for casual
>>> purposes where mail transmission and receipt isn't terribly important.
>>> But it's much too poorly operated to be acceptable for professional use.
>> Plus the fact that "@yahoo.com" and "@gmail.com" (etc.) serve as good
>> first-level 'Bozo Filters'.  DMARC serves as yet another reminder that
>> serious professionals should not be using such email addresses.
>>
> [MB] I guess I am a terribly unserious professional. You might consider
> that some of us switched to gmail because corporate filters are often
> TERRIBLE about periodically blocking email from IETF mailing lists. And,
> trying to convince some of those 'Bozos' not to do so is a exercise in
> futility.  If you're lucky, they'll provide you with a daily list of some
> of the messages they've quarantined and you can then go and retrieve those.
>   So, I've had a much better experience since I switched from using
> corporate email for professional use to gmail for 'unserious' professional
> use.
> [/MB]

Exactly. Since I switched to gmail for IETF traffic, I have changed
employers, retired, un-retired and moved countries three times, with
a stable email environment and no need to fight any corporate or ISP
policies. The threat of DMARC hassle is the first real problem I've had.

   Brian